Friday, July 9, 2010

Carousel Fun and Art

Ever since I was a small child, I have been fascinated by carousel horses with their flamboyant designs and bright colours. In my hometown of Brighton in the UK, I started taking photos of the carousels on the seafront and adapting them into art pieces where the horses were released from their round and around daily humdrum and sent on flights of fantasy into strange worlds often full of moons and stars and pleasant pasture where they could be at peace for a while.

Fred's Fantasy Flight was the very first image in the series and has always been one of my most popular images. I sometimes use him as an avatar. The model for Fred came from a horse on the old Palace Pier in Brighton, now renamed  Brighton Pier since the demise of the West Pier. The last time I visited, I couldn't find Fred which was sad but he lives on in my memory at least.





Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: